Yes. Seneca Learning Ltd is GDPR compliant and only uses the data we collect to make the system help students learn more effectively. It is stored in encrypted cloud storage provided by a third party.
You can read the details about our privacy policies and compliance with the latest general data protection regulations (GDPR) in our Terms and conditions.
We do like to confirm a few important points in this article that your school's data protection officer might specifically ask for:
- Data is stored securely within the European Union using 256bit AES encryption (more specifically in Dublin).
- Students can manage their personal data at any time using the settings page in their account.
- Personal data is used only for the specified purposes of running Seneca. Guardian email, student email, date of birth, name, gender and school are collected from students.
- We act as a ‘data processor’ – meaning we only act on students behalf; all data belongs to and is controlled by the student.
- Teachers request access to a student's learning data from the student by inviting them to classes.
Contact Data Protection Officer
For precise questions concerning GDPR you're welcome to contact our data protection officer (Mr. Lukas Feddern) at Lukas@seneca.io