We understand the importance for schools to only use platforms that are compliant with the latest data protection regulations. You can read our privacy policies and compliance with the latest general data protection regulations (GDPR) in our Terms and conditions.
We do like to confirm a few important points in this article that your school's data protection officer might specifically ask for:
- Data is stored securely within the European Union using 256bit AES encryption (more specifically in Dublin).
- Students can manage their personal data at any time using the settings page in their account.
- Personal data is used only for the specified purposes of running Seneca. Guardian email, student email, DOB, name, gender and school are collected from students.
- We act as a ‘data processor’ – meaning we only act on students behalf; all data belongs to and is controlled by the student.
- Teachers request access to a student's learning data from the student by inviting them to classes.
- If a user does not login to their account for 6 years their account will be deleted and all personal data will be removed from our systems.
- A user can delete their account at any time by getting in contact via email@example.com. After receiving an account deletion request a users account and all personal data associated with it will be deleted within 30 days.
Contact Data Protection Officer
For precise questions concerning GDPR you're welcome to contact our data protection officer (Mr. Lukas Feddern) at Lukas@seneca.io